Wednesday, October 19, 2011

To my wonderful husband on his 30th birthday

Dear Chris,

You know that I'm not as good with words as some people (yourself included), but I'm going to try here and express how I feel about you. I can't believe I've known you for more than a third of your life (crazy).

I remember the first time I met you when we were both 19. I think we can both agree that it was not love at first sight. That's for the birds. But out of that meeting grew a friendship and out of that friendship grew a relationship. What could be better?

    The trip to MD that sealed the deal!

I remember knowing how serious I was about you because of how we could talk for hours at a time. You are a very quiet person and only really open up to those you are close to (which is not that many people). I would venture to say that there are only a few people in your life who can say they truly know you. I'm lucky enough to be one of those people. You can make me laugh when no one else can and you can calm me down when no one else can. That's when I knew we were serious and when I started to fall in love with you.

 First trip together while dating to your home.

Leaving for Europe and a summer apart.


Dating and college was an amazing experience. We had so much fun and made some lifelong friends. After Big Saps, I knew you were the one for me and was excited about the life we were going to have together.


More fun memories together!

Then, in November 2004 you proposed and I knew we'd be together but had no idea then of the amazing man you were going to become. I had no idea of what our future family would look like. I was just happy. Just blissfully happy.


Our honeymoon in Zihuatanejo, Mexico

The wedding was amazing, the honeymoon surreal, but back home was what I was truly excited about. Starting a family together. You showed me then how wonderful you were taking care of us, cooking dinner every night. I appreciate that more than I can say. You are an unbelievably good cook and I'm so lucky to have you cooking for our family. We had so many fun times being married. We had wonderful friends and family and lots of great memories. I'm so glad we took that time together, just the two of us, before we started a family.





I knew you were a wonderful, faithful man and you showed me that through 5 amazing years of marriage. But nothing would have prepared me for the Chris that came during my pregnancy and now having Noah. You cared for me and did anything I needed while I was pregnant. You were amazing and I don't know how women go through that without someone like you by their side.

You are a special father. We were both lucky enough to grow up with great fathers and Noah will share in that as well. Just like you could always get me to laugh when no one else could, the same is true for Noah. Your letters to him make me cry and remind me of how blessed I am.




Thank you for the example you set for him. I only home he can become as intelligent, curious, funning, caring, faithful, and well-rounded as you are. Your eagerness for knowledge is one of the things I admire most about you. In my opinion, that is really rare in this world. Look what you've already accomplished and learned in 30 years of life. I can't wait to see what the next 30 will bring. I love you with all my heart and will forever. Happy 30th Birthday!

Love, Your E

Love, Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment