Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Happy Birthday, Chris! - from Mae


Happy birthday! My first memory of you is sophomore year when we used to hang out with Gary Gross at CCF under the now-deceased Shady the Tree. I was just starting to get to know you, Elizabeth, and the whole group. I remember because it was this time of year - starting to get cold, and the leaves were starting to fall. I was insecure and searching, and somehow I found a real relationship with God and a great group of friends at the same time.

I have so many great memories of dinners, weddings, holidays, and vacations that Buck and I have shared together with you and Liz. But what I'm most thankful for is the husband that you've been to Liz. This may sound cheesy, but Liz is one of my best friends, and it's important to me that she is happy and loved. I know that you are an awesome husband to her and father to Noah, and I'm really grateful for that. Plus, I'm sure you're going to make some kind of huge medical breakthrough, and then I'll be able to tell my future children - "Yeah, that's my friend Chris. You can call him Dr. Tison."

So - happy birthday, and I wish you many more years of happiness!

- Mae


No comments:

Post a Comment