Friday, October 28, 2011

Hey there Chris,

There are a couple of memories and sentiments that spring to my mind when I think of you.

The first is the overall feeling of cooperate achievement that we enjoyed in the wake of the 2008 election. From the very earliest days of the election cycle, to the first mentions of Obama to the Iowa caucus, you, TJ, and myself have become the bellweathers of politics.  I will have you know that I am calling Dave Milliband to be the next Prime Minister because Nick Clegg broke the heart's of the youth in this country and therefore no one will buy into a third party candidate for at least another 50 years.

I digress.

Obviously, the lake is going to be a constant well of memory to go to for such a blog as this. Of course my favorite one is when we thought that it would be a good idea to get in the crawdad with Buck and take off for the marina at about 9 o'clock at night.  I was literally 175 pounds heavier than I am now, we had a plastic lawn chair in the middle, and the water was about 1/4 of an inch from spilling into the hull of our fine seafaring vessel.  I really didn't see what the big deal was until we were out in open water and you said, "All it is going to take is one boat to come through here at full speed in the dark and the slightest wave is going to send us over." At that point I realized that we were more than a few friends on an evening excursion to bring back some contraban to the cabin, we were now a band of brothers who had to rely on one another to get back to our home.  Of course, we were gone for so long that each of us had to manuever ourselves into positions to pee at least once and when we arrived safely back at shore we saw Elizabeth shining a spotlight up and down the banks of LocOconee in the hopes that we might not be lost at lake forever.

I also remember the love and support that you've given me throughout the years.  You guys bought the scale when I first began my whole adventure.  That still means so much to me.  Chris, there are few people my own age who I truly admire, and you are one of them. Thanks for being such a good friend to me, a great wife to Liz, and a truly dedicated father. I'm grateful to know you.

Happiest of Birthdays to you.

Tatum.

No comments:

Post a Comment