Saturday, October 29, 2011

Happy 30th to my #1 Son-in-law

I remember back to your rehearsal party when I said that Gail and I prayed for you since Elizabeth was born. I know now you truly consider Elizabeth as your cherished gift from God without whom your life would not be complete. You also know that I have very high standards when it comes to my sunshine. When I see you together and read your letters I know that she has made great decision!

Now for the great memories that you and I have had together! Having to face the "inspection" from Jennifer and Jessica you passed. You loved GP's wings and the backyard at Nancy's. You easily handled the Cayce Christmas transition from Granny's house to the Funderburks. When we add the Florida family you have faced the craziness and survived. I'm proud of you!

I also share in the funny and sometimes significant memories - from the snake kill at the lake, the tube battle which you can claim that you pushed off the tube ( of yes and there was a rib fracture too ), deep sea fishing with Buster and Brian with none of us getting sick while actually catching our limit ( who would have thought you or I could have done that), Ava's baptism special appointments in the toilet (I think you had the worst of all), all kinds of beer tasting and some fantastic eats. Since I love to eat so much I love telling people how fantastic a cook my son-in-law is - from crab fritters to mussels to oysters to meatballs to anything on the green egg plus your new creations. My mouth just waters thinking about it! I challenge you on your 30th birthday to create something new for us to try. For sure we have made great memories but there are so many more to come!

Your greatest gift to me is Noah! To be his Granddaddy is just the most fantastic thing to hear! Talk about new memories - I look for you and I to have great times together with Noah. I will enjoy every minute with him! when I think of being at the lake next summer with Noah, Wyatt, Ava, Max, Georgia, MA, Elise, and Luke I can hardly wait and know that you and I make such a great team there! You are so great with all the children- they all love you so much as do we all!

So happy 30th, Chris, I am looing forward to more fun, love and new memories together!

Love, Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment